Curried Kabocha Squash Dip
(Makes 3 cups)
- 1-2 potatoes cut into 1inch cubes
- 2 carrotscut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 cup napa cabbage shredded
- 2tbspolive oil
- 2 tbsp rice flour or regular flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- In a stew pot, sauté the onions and mushrooms in the olive oil for about 5 min.
- Add carrots,potatoes, salt, and pepper, then sauté for another 5 min.
- Add flour and cook it for 5 min (constantly stirring to avoid burning).
- Add 2 cups of water and a bay leaf, heat until boiling, and then simmer for 15 min.
- Add the napa cabbage, and cook with simmer for about 2-3 min until it reaches a slow boil.
- Add the soy milk, then bring it up to simmer. Remove the bay leaf, and then salt and pepper to taste.
*Kabocha squash can be substituted for the potato, also kale and/or broccoli can be substituted for the Napa cabbage.