Tabbouleh Salad with Quinoa 4 servings
- 16oz water
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 3 Japanese or 2 English cucumbers diced
- 1 cup Italian parsley minced
- ¼ cup mint minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes halved
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer while covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Peel and mince garlic. In a large bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Wash and dry tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, and mint. Halve and add tomatoes to bowl with dressing. Medium dice and add cucumbers to bowl. Pick parsley leaves off the stems, discard the stems, mince the leaves, and add to bowl. Pick mint leaves off the stems, discard the stems, mince the leaves, and add to bowl.
- Uncover quinoa, fluff with a fork, and drain any excess liquid. Add quinoa to bowl and toss salad.
- To serve: place salad in a serving bowl.