Curried Kabocha Squash Dip
(Makes 3 cups)
- 1 kabocha squash (2 1/2 pounds), halved and cut into 1-inch pieces (6 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tsp. curry powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Toss the squash with a mixture of 2 Tbsp. olive oil, curry powder, and salt and pepper. Place on a large baking sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the squash is lightly golden and tender. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Mash the squash in a medium sized bowl. Fold in the jalapeño, onion, lime juice, cilantro, the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
The dip can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.