Napa Cabbage Salad (6 servings)
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 lb napa cabbage, cute into ⅛ inch slices
- 2 small carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ coarsely chopped cilantro
- Prepare the dressing. Put oil, vinegar, soy sauce, agave, and ground pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, and cilantro, and toss. Enjoy!
*You can use Mizuna (Japanese mustard greens) instead of Napa cabbage.
Recipe and photo by Rie Kashiwagi
- Soak rice in water overnight in rice cooker inner pot. Please refer to your rice cooker instructions for the amount of water and rice.
- Turn on switch and wait until rice cooker is done.
- Wait 10 minutes before serving.
- rice 1 cup
- water 1.2 - 1.4 cups
- Soak rice in water in bowl overnight.
- Drain water using strainer.
- Put rice and water in saucepan. Cover with lid (without holes).
- Heat on medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and wait for 10 minutes before serving.